PREETINDER BHULLAR, MD
"A Hip or Knee replacement can improve your life. Together we can achieve this."
Hip and Knee Replacement
Direct Anterior Hip Replacement
Revision Hip and Knee Replacement
Outpatient Total Joint Surgery
Minimally Invasive Surgery
GET TO KNOW DR. PREETINDER BHULLAR
- Undergrad: Wayne State University
- Medical school: Wayne State University
- Residency: San Antonio Military Medical Center
- Fellowship: University of California San Francisco Chase-Bozic Hip and Knee Arthroplasty Fellowship
Dr. Bhullar is a Board-Certified and Fellowship Trained Surgeon with extensive training whose passion is for performing Hip and Knee Replacements, especially Direct Anterior Hip Replacement, which allows patients to mobilize and recover faster after surgery. He completed his Orthopedic Surgery Residency at the Department of Defense’s premier institution and only Level 1 Trauma Center. After serving in the military, he completed his Fellowship at one of U.S. News & World Report consistently top-rated hospitals. He truly embodies the patient-centered approach by spending quality time with each patient and learning what their specific goals are. Dr. Bhullar focuses on restoring his patients to a higher level of function in a safe and expeditious manner. The relationships he establishes with his patients are genuine as he treats everyone as how he would treat his own family. In addition, he is a member of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAKHS), American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS), and Society of Military of Orthopedic Surgeons (SOMOS).
In his free time, Dr. Bhullar loves to ski and continues to competitively race in downhill alpine skiing. He enjoys traveling with his family and dog, cherishing any moment they can spend outdoors.
Meet Dr. Preetinder bhullar
- Conservative Care for Osteoarthritis
- Primary Hip and Knee Replacement
- Complex Hip and Knee Replacement
- Revision Hip and Knee Replacement
- Versatile in Direct Anterior, Lateral, and Posterior approaches for Hip Replacement
- Fracture care/surgery
- Meniscal injuries
Dr. Bhullar Served in Our Military
- Commissioned into the United States Air Force (U.S.A.F) and was promoted to the rank of Major.
- Served as the Medical Director and as an Attending Orthopedic Surgeon at Nellis Air Force Base (A.F.B) in Las Vegas, Nevada, and Misawa, Japan.
- Increased access to care by 50% leading his hospital to be awarded Air Force Surgeon General Hospital of the year.
- Deployed to Afghanistan during Operation Freedom’s Sentinel on the 455th Ground Surgical Team as the sole Orthopedic Surgeon, to enable special operations missions.
- Instrumental in treating multiple gunshot and blast injuries, resulting in a 96% survival rate in austere environments.
- Led mass casualty training for over 300 U.S. and Afghanistan medics.
- Instrumental role in instituting "Walking Blood Bank" in remote locations.
- Air Force Commendation Medal
- The Meritorious Service Medal
- Humanitarian Service Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
- National Defense Service Medal
- Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon
- Air Force Outstanding Unit Award
- Air Force Longevity Service Ribbon
- Air Force Training Ribbon
- Assisted in disaster relief operations in the wake of Tsunami in Japan.
- Medical mission to Nicaragua and Belize, providing medical and surgical care.
- Trained Medical and Surgical Residents while stationed in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Assisted in revamping medical school curriculum in order to better prepare students for National Board Examinations.