What is massage therapy?
Massage in its various techniques manipulates the superficial and deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue to:
- Enhance function
- Aid in the body’s healing processes
- Promote relaxation and overall well-being
Therapeutic massage is increasingly considered a vital part of health maintenance, and an effective treatment option for conditions affecting soft tissue functionality.
What are the benefits of massage?
- Alleviate back pain and improve range of motion
- Increase joint flexibility and reduce stiffness
- Promote tissue regeneration
- Reduce post-surgery adhesions and swelling
- Reduce spasms and cramping
- Relax injured, tired, and overused muscles
- Release body’s natural painkiller
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation
- Stimulate lymph flow, the body’s natural defense system
What massage services are available?
- Massage Therapy
- Sports Massage
- Deep Tissue
- Pressure Point
- 60 Minutes: $75
- 30 Minutes: $45
We have a dedicated, private room for massage therapy. Gift certificates and package discounts are available. Massage therapy is a self-pay service. Payment is required at the time of your appointment.
Certified Massage Therapist
The Mendelson Kornblum Physical Therapy team includes a certified massage therapist that has completed specialized training in the musculoskeletal system and soft tissues, as well as therapeutic massage techniques. By incorporating massage into a healthcare treatment plan, clients can experience symptom reduction and overall improvements related to the following conditions:
- Pain management
- Post-surgical recovery
- Athletic-related injuries
- Treatment of muscle pain, soreness, spasms, and atrophy