ABOUT OUR SERVICES
Synergy Spine & Orthopedic Surgery Center is a state-of-the art multispecialty ambulatory surgery facility. Our specialties include:
- Spine Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Pain Management and Oculoplastic Surgery
Our physicians meet stringent criteria for credentialing and privileging in order to perform procedures at this facility. Our team of professionals are qualified through education and experience to provide you with optimal patient care in a friendly,
respectful, considerate manner. The center offers a safe, convenient, high quality alternative to inpatient hospitalization. We are:
- Licensed by the State of Michigan
- Fully accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care
- Certificated by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
Our prime location offers easy access and convenient parking for patients and their significant others who are traveling from any direction. All appointments are scheduled in advance, which allows for minimum delays, assures prompt attention and care for our patients, and results in a higher patient satisfaction.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Prior to Your Procedure
We intend to make your surgical experience as pleasant as possible for you and your significant others. You should receive two calls from our center.
- From our business office personnel to discuss your insurance and/or payment options
- From our clinical personnel to review your health status, provide you with pre-operative instructions, and identify any special needs you may have
- If you do not receive a call from our staff by the day before your scheduled procedure, please telephone our business office at 586.838.2035.
Arriving on Your Day of Surgery
- Arrive at the center at the time specified during your pre-operative phone call
- Bring any documentation/medical records related to your surgery given to you by your physician
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol 24 hours prior to your surgery/procedure
- Shower or bathe before coming to the center; You may brush your teeth, but do not swallow any water
- Notify your physician if you suspect that you could be pregnant
What to Wear and Bring
- Wear something comfortable and easy to remove
- Do not wear jewelry; leave valuables at home
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight, including gum or breath mints
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol 24 hours before your surgery/procedure
- If you wear contact lenses, bring a lens case and your glasses
- Bring a list of all the names and dosages of your current medications with you to the center; you may bring your medications with you in their original containers
- Bring your insurance card, prescription card, and picture ID
- Bring a method of co-payment as appropriate for your insurance (see Costs and Payments section)
- You will need a responsible adult (18 years or older) to drive you home after your procedure; you will NOT be permitted to drive
- If you have an Advanced Directive or legal guardian document, bring a current copy
- We want you to have support persons, but please remember that space is limited and every patient will have others with them as well
Discharge After Your Surgery
- Our nursing staff will provide you with a copy of your discharge instructions and will review those instructions with you and your significant other(s)
- Please ask any questions that you have regarding your post-discharge and recovery care
- It is important to have a responsible person stay with you after surgery, including the first night following your procedure
- Please be aware that your appointment will be canceled if you do not have a ride, are not taking public transportation, or do not have prior approval to drive yourself
COSTS AND PAYMENTS
The costs for ambulatory surgical services are covered by most health care plans except for your deductible and/or co-pay. Any co-payment is due on the day of your procedure. We accept MasterCard, VISA, Discover, American Express, and CareCredit, as well as payments in cash or by check. Your payment to the Synergy Spine & Orthopedic Surgery Center is for the facility fee only. You will receive a separate bill for your surgeon’s services and the services of the anesthesia personnel. You will also receive a bill for any pathology or diagnostic services provided.
We will submit claim forms directly to all third party payors on your behalf; however, you will need to work with your carrier to have your claim processed. Our business office personnel and/or billing company representatives will be glad to assist you, answer any questions you may have, and help you with payment arrangements prior to your procedure.
Please bring your driver’s license and current insurance card with you on the day of surgery. If you do not have a driver’s license, another form of identification will be required.
All of our personnel will be available to either answer your questions or find out the answers for you. Please do not hesitate to ask for information or assistance.
Patients are informed of their rights and responsibilities prior to the day of their procedure. You will receive a copy of the Patient Rights and Responsibilities from your physician’s office. If you have any questions about your rights and responsibilities or did not receive this document, please contact our business office at 586.838.2035 and we will promptly provide you with one.